Drawing is a way of thinking. Like writing, drawing clarifies. It deepens our understanding. Join artist Colin Matthes for a Total Essential Knowledge (TEK) workshop, where he’ll demonstrate drawing as a tool to visualize and share knowledge. This workshop is aimed at lifetime learners and offers a fun, low-pressure environment. Colin's art practice and his own Total Essential Knowledge drawing series are rooted in curiosity, and his teaching style encourages students to be curious and explore their innate abilities.
Over four sessions we will:
- Learn that drawing is for everyone! It is for anyone who cares to think or communicate. That’s you.
- Find value in the ACT of drawing, the process.
- Use drawing to research, remember, communicate, and figure things out
- Learn to slow down and make decisions about what is most important
- Make our own instructional drawings!
- Paper, any kind will do. Standard 8.5x11in copy paper works great.
- Marking tool(s). The simplest solution is a pencil or pen, but you can really use anything including markers, brushes and paint, etc.
- Something to document your finished drawing. A scan is ideal, but a simple cell phone photo in good light will work as well.
SCHOLARSHIP AVAILABLE: There is one (1) scholarship available for this course. Students of need are encouraged to apply through our Scholarship Application page.
DISCOUNT FOR ACADEMY MEMBERS: Members receive a 10% discount Member Rate on this course (discount applied during registration). Not an Academy member? Choose the "Member Rate + Membership" option during registration to receive your discount rate. Academy Members receive discounts on courses, contests, and ticketed events, as well as an annual subscription to Wisconsin People & Ideas magazine.